At the time of writing (January 2023), Woocommerce offers two types of support for recurring payments. Upzelo is able to offer plug and play support for the in-built subscriptions method via an integration with the subscription provider you choose to connect with Woocommerce Payments:
Comparison of Woocommerce subscription payment methods:
In-built subscriptions, within Woocommerce Payments
- Link to article: https://woocommerce.com/document/payments/subscriptions/
- Supported by Upzelo
- Subscription data stored in subscription management platform such as Stripe.
- Only available currently to US-based Woocommerce merchants.
Woocommerce Subscription Extension
- Link to article: https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-subscriptions/
- Upzelo only supported via Custom API integration.
- Subscription data stored in Woocommerce extension.
- Available worldwide.
For more information about integration your Woocommerce subscription extension data with our Custom API, visit our Developer docs.